Big Top Mission Statement
- To serve our customers with excellence, exceeding their expectations and building ongoing relationships based on integrity and trust.
- To treat our employees with dignity and respect recognising they are our greatest asset.
- To respect our suppliers ensuring we recognise the importance of their role in providing our needs to ensure we build a strong business.
- To demonstrate a culture of servant hearted leadership and an environment of trust.
- To commit to placing our business(es) in communities where prospects are limited where we can offer time, expertise and finance, serving alongside other businesses and organisations to offer dignity and bring hope into our communities.
- To make profit that can be used to ensure the company leaves a lasting legacy that will continue to provide employment and impact communities for the generations to follow.
Big Top is committed to being a Business Driven Social Enterprise.
From the outset we wanted to be a Business Driven Social Enterprise. We found a large old empty Co-op shop which was ideal for us but at the same time was ideal to create community space so we decided to renovate the building with space for Big Top and what has become known as The Castle Community Centre which Big Top continues to support. Within the community centre we have various regular activities and work closely with The Eccles Eden team who like us live and work in the area and are part of The Message Trust charity working with Young People and Families
We now have a growing number of permanent staff, with additional part time workers available for the large outside catering events. Our capacity has increased, and we can provide weddings for up to 250 people, 1 & 2 day conferences (providing all meals and refreshments throughout the day) for up to 200 delegates and other large family and workplace gatherings – together with hosting children parties and holiday clubs ranging in number from 20 to 90 children. We look for highly motivated staff who are happy to work within our ethos and know how to have fun. They are recruited, from many different backgrounds and abilities, and our aim is that as a team we will reflect a sense of family, as we celebrate with families through our work.
We have recently taken over a café which operates providing food in a business and industrial area where there is little food provision.
In addition to its core staff this cafe has been created to give people an opportunity to gain work experience for those for whatever reason need to make steps towards being employed or re-employed in the workplace.
We work closely with Antz Junction a charity whom we took over the café from and are a part of Antz Network aligning ourselves with other businesses who think and work in a similar way to us